The fact that Google+ is an awesome social tool cannot be over stressed. With more than 100 million registered users, Google Plus is definitely a vibrant place to establish some branding and promote your business while also having fun.
The good folks at Infographic Labs have this nifty infographic that explains the awesome reasons while you and your friends need to switch to Google+ from your other social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Some stats are also included in the infographic.
For those who don’t like graphics, here are the 20 reasons why you and your friends should switch from Facebook and join Google+.
1. Google+ integrates seamlessly with other Google services like Gmail, Picasa, Google Docs, etc.
2. You can create and you use Circles to manage your connections on Google+
3. Google+ Mobile app provides a much more seamless experience especially if you are using an Android phone.
4. You have total control over your data on Google Plus. You can delete it, move or copy it very easily.
5. You can tag your friends in photos with much more privacy.
6. Create Hangouts where you can video chat with your friends in real time.
7. Easy to set privacy settings.
8. Easier Profile setup
9. Google+ integrates seamlessly with the Chrome browser.
10. You can easily track hot and trending topics.
11. Search like a boss.
12. Notifications that don’t get in your face.
13. Friending made easier, just add and delete people from your circles.
14. Less bloat.
15. Better ads.
16. Better games for the ‘gameaholics’.
17. Share with the world like a boss.
18. Great for business. Use Google’s plethora of services to enhance and drive leads to your business.
19. Ignore people you don’t like and mute their posts.
20. Edit photos and save with Google Photo Galleries.
Users with the highest number of followers on Google+
1. Britney Spears with 3,336,772 followers.
2. Snoop Dogg with 2,879,700 followers.
3. Larry Page with 2,818,151 followers.
4. Ashley Tisdale with 2,648,466 followers.
5. Hugh Jackman with 2,441,172 followers.
To register an account on Google Plus, just goto plus.google.com and sign in with your Google account or create one if you don’t have any. Don’t forget to update your profile settings and upload a picture. Check this guide on how to create a short custom url for your Google+ Profile.
And don’t forget to add me to your circles! See ya on Google+.
Picture Credits: Infographic Labs